FSLA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Operations Support Manager / Senior Detailing Coordinator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and in a timely manner. The following duties are representative of the job but are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Controls flow of information from projects document to field shop drawings
- Manages distribution of shop drawings to project teams
- Continual evaluation of the Shop Drawings workflow/process; targeting areas of improvement.
- Management of BIM Coordination issues/clashes/tasks
- Manages time spent in BIM Coordination meetings
- Manages individual workload set forth by Senior Detailing Coordinator
- Adheres to standards for Shop Drawings
- As needed, models and details projects from start to finish
- Keep track of models and keep them up to date
- Continual refinement of drawings to meet needs of the field
- Track RFIs and project document updates to execute quick changes to shop drawings based on needs
- Participation in BIM coordination for projects
- Ownership of BIM Clashes and changes required
- Provides a consistent flow of communications and information to and from the Project Teams.
- Communicates shop drawing status continually with Project Teams and 3rd party detailing.
- Communicating BIM Coordination issues/clashes/tasks to Project Teams and 3rd Party Detailers
- Acts as single point of contact for Project Teams providing and soliciting feedback.
- Collaboration with Layout department as needed
The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job but are not all inclusive.
- Relevant construction knowledge interpreting Architectural, Structural, Civil, and other types of contract documents
- 1 – 2 years
- Can demonstrate proficiency related to this position
- Must be coachable (able to learn and thrive) within a workplace setting
- Proficient in use of Revit, AutoCAD, MS Office
- 1 – 2 years
- Experienced with Procore or other similar software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of effective training techniques
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be able to follow and give written and verbal instruction
- Can work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Exercise independent judgment within defined parameters
Example – works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to visit job sites where work is done outside or in a Construction environment. May be exposed to weather, dirt/dust, loud noise, and may be required to wear personal protective equipment. Employee must possess good manual dexterity; can sit, stand, kneel, and squat; be able to lift at least 25 lbs. Regular attendance is required to perform the job satisfactorily.
Share this job post...
CONCRETE EXCELLENCE IN OREGON
Founded by Roy Pence and Dale Pence in 1949, Pence/Kelly Concrete, LLC is dedicated to the fundamental principles of honesty and hard work. For six decades our team has been anchored in Salem, Oregon, providing the Pacific Northwest with the best in structural concrete excellence. The company’s leadership team is comprised of Dave Hays, President and Paul Schulz, Partner.
Pence/Kelly’s expertise in structural concrete work spans the construction industry spectrum, from small tilt-up or foundation packages to multi-million dollar elevated structures. Our team has built both simple warehouses and complicated research facilities. We have exceeded client expectations for excellence in concrete throughout California, Oregon, Washington and Alaska.