The Estimating Assistant provides administrative support to complete a variety of projects, and ongoing daily administrative tasks for the team. The Estimating Assistant may participate during all phases of preconstruction. Under the direction of the estimating department, the Estimating Assistant may help in moving projects towards completion by performing project & administrative tasks. This may include but not limited to: reaching out & following up with subcontractors, data collection and document control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and in a timely manner. The following duties are representative of the job but are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Maintain, track & update subcontractor database
- Maintain online plan room
- Download and upload construction documents from architects, engineering firms and clients
- Order plans & specs from printing companies on an as needed basis
- Update project schedule with upcoming projects
- Assist estimating department during the bidding process
- Create and send out Invitations to Bid to subcontractors & suppliers
- Contact subcontractors & suppliers to discuss project invitations & due dates
- Prepare and distribute time-sensitive materials
- Maintain subcontractor correspondence throughout the bidding process
- Set up project folders, organize & maintain project information
- Copying, printing & filing for estimating team
- Find & vet new trade partners & suppliers
- Possible training in on screen takeoff for basic take off needs
The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job but are not all inclusive.
- High School diploma or GED/equivalent required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both as a team player and independently
- Must be able to work in a timely and efficient manner with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Previous experience in an office environment is required.
- Previous experience within a construction office environment preferred, but not required.
Works primarily in an office environment but may occasionally be required to visit job sites where work is done outside or in a construction environment. May be exposed to weather, dirt/dust, loud noise, and may be required to wear personal protective equipment. Employee must possess good manual dexterity; can sit, stand, kneel, and squat; be able to lift at 10 lbs regularly and 25 lbs occasionally. Regular attendance is required to perform the job satisfactorily.
Share this job post...
CONCRETE EXCELLENCE IN OREGON
Founded by Roy Pence and Dale Pence in 1949, Pence/Kelly Concrete, LLC is dedicated to the fundamental principles of honesty and hard work. For six decades our team has been anchored in Salem, Oregon, providing the Pacific Northwest with the best in structural concrete excellence. The company’s leadership team is comprised of Dave Hays, President and Paul Schulz, Partner.
Pence/Kelly’s expertise in structural concrete work spans the construction industry spectrum, from small tilt-up or foundation packages to multi-million dollar elevated structures. Our team has built both simple warehouses and complicated research facilities. We have exceeded client expectations for excellence in concrete throughout California, Oregon, Washington and Alaska.