The Estimator evaluates bid documents, drawings, plans, and specifications, ensuring that we have the information required for a successful bid and project win. The Estimator will work effectively with the Design Team, General Contractor, Subcontractors and Project Team to ensure bidding timelines are met. Through successful and reliable bids, the Estimator helps build Owner, Contractor, and Subcontractor relationships that are positive, long term relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and in a timely manner. The following duties are representative of the job but are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed. Leadership
- Act as a representative of Pence culture – Who We Are
- Uphold and communicate Pence safety standards
- Proactive, self-starting, self-managing
- Takes ownership of the project
- Behaves in a manner that sets a positive example for others to follow
- Makes day to day decisions that enhance profitability without sacrificing our values or relationships
- Grow and mentor Interns and other Field and Project Engineers
- Responsible for mitigating and reporting project risk
- Follow all policies and procedures and assure others do as well
- Participates in meetings and committees Qualifications The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job but are not all inclusive. BS in Construction Engineering Management or equivalent, ASPE membership/certification preferred
- At least 5 years of estimating experience in the construction industry
- Exceptional conceptual estimating skills
- Ability to estimate all divisions in detail
- Working knowledge of MEP trades
- Skills with estimating software programs (i.e. Sage Precisions, OnScreen Take off as well as scheduling software a Microsoft Project).
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both as a team player and independently
- Must be able to work in a timely and efficient manner with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
Works primarily in an office environment but may occasionally be required to visit job sites where work is done outside or in a construction environment. May be exposed to weather, dirt/dust, loud noise, and may be required to wear personal protective equipment. Employee must be able to lift 10 lbs regularly and 25 lbs occasionally. Regular attendance is required to perform the job satisfactorily.
Share this job post...
CONCRETE EXCELLENCE IN OREGON
Founded by Roy Pence and Dale Pence in 1949, Pence/Kelly Concrete, LLC is dedicated to the fundamental principles of honesty and hard work. For six decades our team has been anchored in Salem, Oregon, providing the Pacific Northwest with the best in structural concrete excellence. The company’s leadership team is comprised of Dave Hays, President and Paul Schulz, Partner.
Pence/Kelly’s expertise in structural concrete work spans the construction industry spectrum, from small tilt-up or foundation packages to multi-million dollar elevated structures. Our team has built both simple warehouses and complicated research facilities. We have exceeded client expectations for excellence in concrete throughout California, Oregon, Washington and Alaska.